Monday, October 3, 2011

Packing



Two years.  That's how long I'm going to be gone.  I filled the living room with all the stuff I planned to take with me.  My three suitcases were on the floor ready to be filled.  It didn't take me long to realize that everything was not going to fit.  So I remove a little here and a little there.  Still not fitting.  Fortunately, my M called and she told me some things that I would be able to get over there so I removed a few more items.  The bags are completely packed except for my makeup bag that I will use tomorrow before I head to the airport at 4:30 am.  What I should have done is planned on one of the kids visiting me this Christmas so they could bring me a suitcase full of stuff.  Then my suitcases wouldn't be so heavy!  Oh well, at least they have carts (for free) in Africa.  The big question remains:  Can I pick it up to put it on the cart?  We'll find out the answer to that question on Wednesday morning when I arrive in Senegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment