Saturday, October 29, 2011

New Things

This week was full of new things.  First of all, I taught the kids Monday through Thursday since K had to remain in Dakar.  It was fun getting to teach again and I'm looking forward to the time I'll be able to do more teaching.  Second, I had my first visitors to my home.  My two journeyman friends who live in Dakar came down on Thursday for a short visit.  The visit started out with a Senegalese meal that my language teacher helped me to prepare.  I enjoyed getting to show them around my little town via horse cart.   We did a little shopping while in the market area and practiced our Wolof.  Friday evening was pizza/game night at home of my teammates.  The girls left to return to Dakar around 11:00 Saturday morning.  I didn't have too much time to be lonely because I left at 2:00 to go to the beach to celebrate M's 11th birthday.  I got to experience the Atlantic Ocean from the other side.  It's only about an hour away so I think I may be going there often!  Today had been a very hot day so the cool breeze from the ocean felt really good.  I'll be going to my first Senegal Missionary Ladies' Retreat in less than two weeks so there are many more new experiences ahead.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment