Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend

      I went to Dakar for the weekend with lots of activities planned.  It started off with the fall festival at Dakar Academy on Friday.  There were games and activities for all the kids and plenty of good food to eat.  The two journeygirls who came to Senegal with me came for the event so we had a good chance to visit.  I think they are planning on coming to Fatick this weekend to visit me!  Can't wait to have company!
      Our plans got changed somewhat this weekend.  The M's daughter got hit in the face with a softball which required a trip to the emergency room.  She had to have stitches and had two fractures in her nose area so that meant a 48-hour hospital stay.  Between going to the hospital and getting food, I did get a little shopping done.  I'm now the proud owner of a dressy Senegalese outfit.  It consists of a wrap skirt, top, and a head wrap.  Now I'm prepared if I have to go to any special occasions and dress up.
     We went to church on Sunday morning at Dakar Academy.  My world got a little rocked when N told me I would have to drive us to church since his dad was not feeling well.  It was not driving the stick shift that had me worried.  To get to the school you have to drive a round-about.   Usually it is full of traffic so you have to work your way into it.  God was looking out for us!  There was no traffic in the round-about going or coming so I had no trouble getting us to and from church.  It was great to get to worship with a large group.
     After church we loaded the car, headed out to get something to eat, stop by the hospital, and then head back to Fatick.  K is staying with her daughter while she recovers.  Fortunately, she was released from the hospital today and is back at the guesthouse with her mom for recovery.  I will be teaching the other children this week while K is still in Dakar.  Things went pretty smoothly this morning and I enjoyed getting to teach.  I will be having my language study in the afternoons since I'll be teaching in the mornings.

1 comment:

  1. Sherrill...I just wanted to let you know how much I admire you for following your dream. I can't wait to see how God uses you in Africa. Please add me to your mailing list...want to know how to specifically be praying for you. God bless you...love ya!

    ReplyDelete