Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chicken

K found out that one of our sellers in the market had some fresh chicken.  So Friday afternoon M and I headed to the market to see if I could purchase chicken using my very limited language skills.  When we got to the stand I was able to greet the man and tell him that I wanted two gee-narl (chickens).  Now don't think it's like buying chicken in a US grocery store.  It's a whole chicken so it has to be cut up.  Not a problem; I know how to cut up a chicken.  However, it's not really clean and still has some of its guts inside.  Thankfully, M stayed with me and she cleaned and cut up the chickens for me while I watched and learned.  I put the parts in freezer bags and put them in my freezer for cooking at a later date.  I guess I should have gone to the "chicken killing" lesson we had at FPO!  Life is full of new experiences here in Fatick.

No comments:

Post a Comment