Friday, October 7, 2011

Arrived!






I arrived in Senegal on Wednesday morning with all my luggage!  K picked me up and we hit the road.  I went to our office, Dakar Academy, our guest house, and out to eat twice.  I managed to stay awake all day but it sure was hard.  Our night at the guest house was hot (no air conditioning) but I did get a good night's rest.  Thursday was more running around: office, Embassy, and shopping.  Finally we headed for Fatick around 4:30.  Since it is over 3 hours to Fatick it was dark by the time we arrived.  T had cooked our supper, a Senegalese meal, and it was delicious.  Then he took me to my house.  My neighbor helped us unload the car and T showed me around the house.  It's really big!  After he left I started unpacking so I would feel like I was at home.  After a while of that I decided to try out the internet.  The electricity went off so I had to shut it down.  I decided to just go to bed.  Before I got in bed, though, the electricity came back on.  Halleluia!  It would have been a hot night without the electricity.  There is no air conditioning in my home but I have plenty of fans so it's not too bad.  Friday morning I got up and went to the market to buy a few vegetables, eggs, and bread.  T took me and his helper in the car.  However, in the future I will either be walking or catching a horse cart to do my shopping.  Life is definitely going to be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Is that motorcycle outside the front of your house yours? :)

    Your life is so exciting! We are loving all your posts!

    ReplyDelete