Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Houdini

Do you remember the two kittens that were found and brought to me?  Well, one of them died within a few days.  The other one seemed to be doing pretty good so I moved him from the small (concrete) courtyard to the backyard where he would have plenty of space to explore.  One slight problem with that was a hole in the wall between my yard and my neighbor's yard.  The kids and I did our best to stack rocks in the hole so he couldn't escape.  It seems we weren't very successful.  I went out in the afternoon to feed him and he was missing.  After looking around the yard, I climbed up so I could see over the wall.  There he was, walking around the ladies who were doing their washing.  They were kind enough to give him to me (even though they really don't like kittens).  I stacked more rocks in the hole and then fed the little guy.  The next day, however, he escaped again to my neighbor's yard and had to be returned.  Thus, I decided to name the kitten "Houdini" after the great escape artist.  It seems that I chose a perfect name for him.  Monday evening I went out to feed him and he wasn't there.  I couldn't see him over the fence either.  I guess Houdini has made his final escape, never to return.  The kids searched around for him yesterday but he was never found.  I still have plenty of cat food just in case Houdini decides to return.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Ms. Sherrill, for posting! I am always entertained, encouraged and even convicted from your adventures. I am praying for you. (Okay, I also said a prayer that Houdini might return.)

    ReplyDelete