Monday, November 14, 2011

Ladies' Retreat


It felt like I left Africa on Friday.  We drove to the Savana Hotel in Saly on Friday for our Senegal Missionary Women's Retreat.  The grounds were beautiful with palm trees and beautiful plants.  Our rooms were air conditioned!  We were on the beach so the temperature was not as hot as in Fatick.  There was a huge swimming pool which was better than the beach (too much seaweed).  I felt like I was in another world for those 2 1/2 days.  We had four worship sessions during the retreat.  The singing was so uplifting and worshipful.  Our speaker talked about God's promises:  they are personal, pertinent, powerful, and permanent.  I really needed to hear that and be reminded to claim God's promises daily.  We also had the choice of two workshops to attend.  My first had to do with exercising at home without any special equipement.  It was led by a former personal trainer.  She taught us how to do exercises to work all the major areas and muscles in our bodies.  (I could tell the next day that I hadn't been using some of those muscles in a while!)  My other workshop had to do with contentment.  Life in Fatick is quite different than my life back home.  There are some things that I don't have as well as I miss my family.  This was a good reminder to me to be content with what I have and where God has placed me.  I came away from the retreat recharged and refreshed, ready to tackle all that God has in store for me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment