Sunday, September 25, 2011

The End/The Middle/The Beginning

Wednesday, Sept. 21, was the conclusion of training.  The comfort of being in a community of like-minded friends had to come to an end.  Those 8 1/2 weeks of training were great.  I learned so much and feel better prepared to leave for Africa.  Now I'm in the middle of getting ready to leave for Africa.  I have to figure out what I need to take and then finish up shopping.  How much deoderant will I need to take to last for two years?  I will start packing my suitcases this week.  Hopefully everything will fit in my three suitcases. On Oct. 4 I begin my journey to my new life in Africa.  At least I won't be traveling alone.  The two other girls going to Africa will meet me in Atlanta and we'll travel the rest of the way together.  We will arrive in Senegal on Oct. 5 and begin our new two-year adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment