Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ani Comes to Visit


Saturday afternoon Ani came to visit me.  Ani is a little dachsund who belongs to some friends living in southern Senegal.  Family is visiting with them from the USA so they planned a trip to the beach.  Evidently they are not allowed to bring pets.  Something happened to prevent their previously arranged dog-sitter from keeping Ani so they asked if I would be willing to keep her for a few days.  I readily agreed knowing she would be great company to me while she was here.  She started off her stay by "crying" for her "parents" and going to the door every time she heard a car outside.  After a while she settled down to life with me.  She has now accepted me as her temporary "mother" and follows me everywhere.  I was leaving to go to a boutique with Kimberley this afternoon.  Ani cried so that we decided to let her go with us.  It sort of reminds me of the days when my children were little.  It will be interesting to see how she does this week when we have school at my house.  Her "parents" will be picking her up on Thursday so I must not get too attached to her.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Ani could be our dogs twin! (Except our Trixie is a little heavier). They are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete