Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Driving

Today we had to make a trip to Mbour.  I went along for the ride and to buy a few fruits and vegetables.  This was a much better experience than the last time.  My cell phone was stolen on the previous trip.  Today I held my purse very close and stayed close to Martine.  After all our shopping and business was completed we headed back to Fatick (about 1 hour away).  Travis decided it was time for a "driving lesson."  I know how to drive a car, even a five-speed so that wasn't the issue.  My "lesson" was for me to experience driving on the road amid the traffic.  Fortunately, today's traffice was pretty light.  I did manage to pass a few cars and buses along the way and even drive the speed limit.  I think I can handle a trip to Mbour on my own now but I'm definitely not up to a trip to Dakar!  City driving is too crazy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment