Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

My New Year's Eve was spent doing some chores around my house.  I tried to get all my work done on Saturday so I could relax on New Year's Day.  I've heard the saying that how you spend New Year's Day is an indication of what the new year will be like.  I certainly don't want to spend my whole year washing clothes and house cleaning so I made sure I finished that on Saturday.  I was in the process of cooking my supper when I was called to go to the other M's house for supper.  Must be getting old since I forgot about the supper invitation!  That's ok.  I just put my food in the refrigerator (meat loaf, English peas, garlic mashed potatoes) to save for my Sunday dinner.  We spent the evening eating, playing video games, and watching tv.  I beat everyone at Bocce Ball except for T.  Maybe I'll beat him next time!  I returned to my house with a small laptop computer geared up with slingbox hoping to get to watch the Auburn football game.  Unfortunately, it was on a channel that we didn't have so I had to resort to watching it via Gamecast.  The game didn't start until 12:30 AM my time.  I was up because who could sleep with all the firecrackers popping outside.  I would watch a few plays, doze a bit, watch a few more plays and doze some more.  Finally, I went to sleep at half time.  I woke up during the third quarter and saw we were way ahead so I decided I could just go on back to sleep.  By that time it was quiet and I had no trouble sleeping.  New Year's Day was cool and windy.  I had to sweep the dust off my floors three times during the day!  So much for my plan of no housework!  Since we had all been up late we decided to have church after lunch.  The other family came to my house and we had a great time together  singing, listening to a message, and praying.  What a great way to start off the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment