Monday, August 1, 2011

Prayer

Today we had a session on developing a passion for prayer.  This is something that I will definitely need when I head to Africa but it is something all of us need to develop.  Let me share a few things that really spoke to me:

  • God will respond to our prayers in a way consistent with His character.
  • You show your concept of God by what you ask for.
  • The plans of God are revealed to the man of God by the Spirit of God through the Word of God.
  • Truth is what God's Word says regardless of what the world says.
  • Every need you have is a call to worship.  It's a message to you so you will know He has the answer.
  • Only take counsel from people who take counsel from God.
  • We are foolish when we give counsel unless we have had counsel from God.
  • God will conform you to His will wherever He can find you--better it be in your quiet time than in public.
I hope these thought will speak to you as they spoke to me.  May we all develop a greater passion for prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment