Sunday, August 21, 2011

Clinic Day

"Clinic Day" is the official name but the real name is "Shot Day."  This past Friday was a real bummer.  I had to have four shots plus the tb test.  My appointment time was 2:40.  However, it took longer to give the shots so I didn't actually get my shots until 3:30.  That gave me plenty of time to think about all those shots and get nervous.  When they called me into the room for my shots, I sat on a stool and got my tb shot first.  Then one nurse stood on one side and another nurse on the other.  They both administered a shot at the same time in each arm.  When they finished with those two shots they repeated the process with two more shots.  I'm very thankful that I'm able to get shots that will ward off diseases when I'm on the field but it doesn't mean I have to like getting them.  Sore arms for two days is no fun either.  At least when we have the last clinic day I will only have to get two shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment