Friday, July 29, 2011

One Down!

Our first week of classes is over and tomorrow is a free day.  Sleeping late sounds good and maybe a trip to Walmart or a mall for my Saturday agenda.  It has been an incredible week of making many new friends and gaining some vital information.  Today was probably the highlight.  For two hours we had our own personal spiritual retreat.  I thought this would be a very difficult thing to do but once I got started it was such a blessing.  You should try it sometime!  Start off just being quiet.  Then spend some time in gratitude, praise, and worship.  Read and meditate on some Scripture and see what God is saying to you.  I challenge you to do this on your own and see if you aren't blessed by the experience.  Today ended with our 1-mile run.  They want us to stay physically fit while we are here so they are encouraging exercise.  Our run today was to give us a baseline time.  We will do this again at the end and see if we can improve our time.  I confess that I basically walked the whole time but I completed it in 16 minutes and 43 seconds.  My goal was to walk it under 20 minutes so I'm a little proud of myself for accomplishing my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment