Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Started


Let me begin my blog by explaining its title.  The word “old” does not necessarily refer to age (though I have attained the senior discount status).  The “old” Sherrill has been living on a farm since 1979, married to a farmer and raising three children.  I learned to do many things during those years: pick vegetables to can and freeze, eat boiled peanuts, haul peanut trailers.  In 2006 the “old” Sherrill’s husband was killed in a truck wreck.  The past five years have been a process of learning how to live without my best friend and soul mate.  The time has now come to live again.  In just a few days I will begin a new adventure that will last for the next two years.  The first two months will be spent in training in Richmond, Virginia.  In early October I’ll be leaving to spend the remainder of my two years in Senegal, West Africa.  I will attempt to chronicle my adventures in this blog.  I don’t claim to be a great writer but I will do my best to keep all who are interested up to date with everything I experience over the next two years.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this. Look forward to keeping up with your endeavors. God bless your ministry! Will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete