Monday, March 18, 2013

Beating the Heat

     It is only March but the heat has arrived in full force with temperatures getting into the low 100's in the afternoons.  One Saturday, when my friend Anna-Marie was visiting from the United States, we decided to take a break from the heat and go to the river for a swim.  The river is actually an inland waterway from the ocean so the water is salty.  We took the children who live next door to me along for the fun.  




     There were some friends already at the swimming spot when we arrived.  Anna-Marie tried to teach one of the girls how to float but wasn't very successful.


     Since this was just a short drive from our house, we decided to take Minnie along for the fun.  It appears she enjoyed being in the water.



     I decided not to actually go swimming but enjoyed a nice walk along the beach wading in the water.  As I walked along, I came to a spot that was close to some water birds.  I love taking pictures of animals, especially birds.  Here are a few shots of the beautiful birds.



No comments:

Post a Comment