Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fish Market







   Every few weeks T makes a trip to Mbour to buy fish at the fish market.  If I need to go to the bank or do any grocery shopping, I get the "privilege" of going along.  I don't mind eating fish in a restaurant, I just don't like the idea of cleaning them and cooking them myself.  So I spend my time at the fish market telling people that I don't like fish when they try to sell me their fish.  It is usually bustling with activity:  unloading the fish, people trying to sell their fish, those offering their services to clean the fish, plus all the people who are there to buy the fish.   There are many varieties of fish from which to choose.





   
     Seeing all the fish and people, you can just imagine what it smells like as you walk around.  Unfortunately, I can't capture that in a blog post.  You will just have to use your imagination.  This is just one of the interesting things about living in Senegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment