Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fun With Friends


     Last week, one of our Senegalese friends gave birth to twins, a girl and a boy.  I was dying to go see the babies and hold them but I had to wait.  They arrived early and were very small and the mother's blood pressure was very high so they had to be taken to a hospital in Thies (pronounced "Chess").  They were able to return to Fatick on Monday.  Yesterday, Jourdan and I went over to visit with the family and see the babies.  They are so tiny and precious!  I couldn't help myself.  When they placed the baby girl in my arms, the tears filled my eyes.  They are truly little miracles from God.

Baby boy

Baby girl

     After holding the babies for a while, we then sat around in the shade visiting with some of the sisters and friends.  One of the older sisters, who lives in Dakar, brought some Senegalese outfits to sell.  She pulled out a dress that was perfect for me and a skirt with a dress top for Jourdan.  Marie Noel even found a beautiful green outfit to try on.  Of course, we had to model our outfits for everyone.




         

No comments:

Post a Comment