Monday, January 28, 2013

Afternoon Visit

     One afternoon, Jourdan and I decided to visit our friends' house.  She was going to get her hair braided and I was going along to visit and practice my Wolof.  After getting comfortable under the shade of a tree, Martine began the long process of braiding Jourdan's hair.  Martine's mother was sitting on a mat and sorting peanuts.  After a few minutes, she put the pan in my lap so I could help.  It wasn't long before I was sitting on the mat beside her and sorting the pan of peanuts by myself while she sorted her own little pile.  I felt right at home sorting peanuts since I live on a farm back in the US where we grow peanuts.  

Braiding Hair




Sorted Peanuts


     As we left the Cisse house to go back home, God gave us a beautiful sunset to enjoy.  Experiencing the beauty of our dear friends and God's creation, I love my life in Senegal!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment