Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Days

     Since returning to Fatick from my vacation in the US life has been at a much slower pace.  I spent the first couple of weeks cleaning up the place and reorganizing things.  The classroom is all set up for the beginning of school and I've even completed the first week's lesson plans.  We have been to Saly a couple of times for shopping and swimming.  Last week I went to Dakar to study Wolof with my teacher, Patricia.  It was a good week but quite tiring.  Progress is being made, though, because I'm understanding a bit more of the language.  And sometimes I even remember what I'm supposed to say!
     While I was away the work on my back door got finished and my water filter is now working.  Woohoo!  We purchased a new stove (my old one only had two working eyes) and I bought some new towels for the other bathroom.  Everything is just about ready for the two girls who will be living with me for four months beginning August 9.  My new stove has six eyes so we should be able to do some major cooking.
     Rainy season has begun which has brought on more humidity.  At least the temperature cools off some during and right after the rain.  Things are turning green and the dust has settled down.  Now that the screen is on my back door I can open up the metal door and have better ventilation which keeps my house from being so hot.
   
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment