Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rat Trap


After living here in Fatick for a little over six months I have come to accept the fact that I will have a few "house guests" on occasion.  Armed with Yotox, I can take care of all the roaches without too much trouble.  I have had some lizards living with me which haven't alarmed me too much because I know they eat insects.  However, when one decided to move into my bedroom and take up residence behind my dresser, I wasn't too thrilled.  To make matters worse, it would decide to "chirp" early in the morning and wake me up.  I would then have to cover my head with a pillow if I wanted to be able to go back to sleep.  I did everything I could to convince it to move to another room but it wouldn't listen.  Several weeks ago I discovered I had another visitor.  This time it was a rat.  I used some rat glue spread out on a cardboard to catch it which was a great relief.  Then, a few weeks later I saw another one run across the floor.  I bought me a rat glue trap from the store this time and finally caught it.  I was glad to know that those things really worked!  I haven't seen any more rats but I still left a trap out just in case.  Yesterday morning I awoke to find a roach stuck to my trap.  After returning from our trip to the beach last night I discovered I had caught a lizard on my glue trap (I guess it was trying to eat the roach).  I was a little sorry about that since it eats bugs but there wasn't anything I could do about it.  This morning when I was not awakened by the usual chirping I decided I wasn't so sorry I caught that lizard.  After getting up I discovered I had caught another rat on my glue trap.  While he was stuck, he enjoyed eating half the lizard.  Since I'm not too fond of these kinds of varmints I used a rake to push the cardboard trap out my front door.  When my teammates showed up for "church" at my house I was able to get one of them to dispose of it for me.  I think I will be buying me a large supply of those glue traps the next time I go to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment